Do you make mistakes? Bushisms can cheer you up! 😀 Bushisms are sentences with grammar mistakes, or that don’t make any sense, said by George W. Bush — the “War President” in his own words! He said so many, that a word was created in Linguistics just for him!
Can you spot the mistakes is in each of the following Bushisms? 🙂
1. “Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?”— 2000
2. “You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.”01
3. “I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family.”— Chamber of Commerce, 2000. Listen to him
4. “One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures.”—U.S. News & World Report, 2000
5. “We ought to make the pie higher.”— Republican debate, 2000
Language Tip: I’m going to comment sentence no. … “…” is not right. The correct sentence is “…”